THE JOB: Pest Control Sales & Inspections
As a Pest Control Sales/Inspector with Exterm Inc, you’re responsible for diagnosing and treating for insect, rodent, and other pest related problems in the homes and businesses of our customers and writing quotes for service. Inspectors are also tightly involved in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential and current clients.
- Pest Control Sales and the ability to conduct inspections to determine the extent of pest activity.
- Knowledge of services, insects, chemicals and treatments and the ability to explain this to customers.
- Assess and remove from private property and commercial property nuisance pests such as roaches, rodents, and birds, etc.
- Perform termite inspections in areas treated by outside contractors and notify supervisor and property owner of any termite activity in untreated properties.
- Respond appropriately to requests and inquiries from the general public and staff for pricing information and leads.
- Identify equipment needs for each customer and potential customer.
- Responsible for generating new Pest control sales through cold calling and creative activity as well as handling office leads.
- Utilize proper safety procedures and precautions related to all work performed.
- Perform pest control related duties as assigned in additional to Pest Control Sales and Inspections.
- Sales experience, the ability to do in home quotes. Pest Control Sales experience a plus.
- 2 years of responsible grounds and/or facility maintenance experience with at least one year of experience in the application and use of pesticides or possession of a Florida Pest Control Commission Certification in one of the following categories: General Household Pest Control or Termite Prevention.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages at a level necessary for successful job performance. Basic skills preferred. Completion of High School or GED Preferred.
- Clean Driving records a must.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain an appropriate Florida’s Drivers license.
- Ability to pass drug test and a Driving and Criminal Background Check
- Possession of General Household Pest Control and/or Termite Prevention certifications.
- Continued employment in this classification requires Annual renewal of certifications per state of Florida Pest Control Commission Laws and attendance to CEU training classes.
ALL JOBS REQUIRE
- Great communication skills. We’re a team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must with customers, co-workers and management.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Driving & Travel. Applicants must be able to safely operate and drive a pest control truck on many different kinds of roadways, drive long distances and be able to step in and our of a commercial truck as much as 40-times per day. Clean driving record.
- Physical Requirements. Must be able to lift and/or carry between 30-50 lbs of materials (back pack spraying, hoses, granular bags, sprayers, etc) daily between the vehicle and treatment sites.
- 21 Years Old Minimum. per Department Rules.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting?
If yes, call us at 407-704-8780 telling us about yourself and to set up an interview. Let us know what you can contribute to the Exterm team. Have a resume ready and we’ll sit down and talk. We receive applications for positions daily, so try to make your application stand out. You apply for multiple positions or just one. It starts with your phone call to 407-704-8780.
Exterm Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Transgender/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.